4 tables, 4 teams, scoreboard on the wall, medals at the ready. Ready for the kick-off of the Sales Cup? The principle is simple: a basic sales training ‘dressed up’ as a game.
The Sales Cup is no relaxed board game, rather it is a hyper-dynamic game setting. Teams are established, captains chosen, the strategy is determined and the roles allocated. The training materials invite you to launch yourself into the game.
Themes such as asking questions, dealing with objections, features/benefits, closing the deal, and so on… are all dealt with as part of the game.
The participants are given a set of sales-centered questions and tasks to carry out, to be accomplished in a limited time by working together. Each question or task is followed by a shared moment of reflection and therefore learning:
- How did we reach this solution?
- Did we reach agreement quite quickly?
- Why did we make a particular choice?
After this business game you are sure to have a new, positive image of sales and you are raring to get going with the next step.
Learning Goals of the Sales Cup
- Acquire knowledge of and insight into the basic principles of sales;
- Eliminate anxiety and reticence when it comes to sales;
- Generate enthusiasm and motivation around sales.
This game can be used as:
- A kick-off or sum-up of a particular sales training trajectory;
- A learning snack;
- A stand-alone training session or workshop;
- As part of a training course or training trajectory;
- To incorporate into a team meeting;
- As a team builder with a message, for use at an off-site day or corporate day out.