Animate your online sessions with learning activities
Playful, interactive and effective tools and activities to motivate, involve and connect with your participants in virtual surroundings.
Content of this playful online workshop:
Looking for innovative tools and methods to make your online sessions more effective, innovative, interactive and just plain more fun, thus ensuring that the acquired knowledge and skills will stick much longer? Bold enough to step away from traditional ways of animating online meetings, seminars and trainings?
This online training helps you discover new and playful working methods. You learn to create and use training activities that will give more connection, involvement and motivation of your participants in your training, meeting and all other virtual sessions.
Trainers, consultants, managers, facilitators, L&D professionals, team leaders, etc. In brief: everyone who finds themselves in front of a group on a regular basis.
What you gain:
- Ready to play learning activities, immediately employable in your online sessions
- Tools, knowledge and methodologies to bring more variation and lasting effects in your virtual sessions
- Tips to online facilitate a playful learning activity
- Gaining insight into and awareness of the added value of integrating gamification and playful elements in your online approach as a trainer, manager, …
- Opening the day with a playful activity to gather the needs of the participants and to involve them in the learning process.
- Understand and integrate the benefits and advantages of participatory pedagogy and learning activities in order to learn differently and train effectively.
• Creating emotions and connection
• Get participants moving and active
• Learning by doing, go from spectators to participants
• Creating interactivity, enrich, share experiences
• Stimulating brain and body: serotonin and dopamine
- Integrate and build on what the cognitive sciences say about adult and distance learning.
• The 5 fundamental principles of learning
- Integrating playful learning activities in your online sessions.
• The 4 steps of a ‘playful training activity’
• The skills of an online facilitator.
• Playful learning activities:
o Welcoming participants, onboarding, icebreaker.
o Brainstorming, collective intelligence, decision making, creativity.
o Improvement, training, simulation, case study.
o Reactivating, anchoring and memorizing.
o Closing, summaries.
The afternoon is all about practising. We are going to adapt one of your trainings with a playful learning activity. After some preparation (in subgroups) you will run that virtual session for all participants. A perfect test run so you can adapt and implement the learning the next day already.
- Prepare your playful learning activities well.
- Some best practices to prepare and follow up your playful learning activities
- Adaptations of game and objective
- Clear and transparent instructions
- Supporting the participants
- Principle of repetition
Feedback from participants:
- “As facilitator of mostly participative processes (always containing ‘something to learn’) – but with a educational background, I was very happy with the underlying pedagogical framework that constantly get back into my work: goal first, than methodology” (EM)
- “I feel fully inspired to manage upcoming – for the moment online – participative processes.”